What's for dinner...

Saturday, February 18, 2012

 Shrimp Ceviche

Shrimp

I just spent the past week in Florida
and had some of the most delicious seafood ever!

I had heard of Ceviche before
but never really knew what it was
until last week!

We met some new friends that introduced
us to this delectable treat
and I knew I had to share it with you

The recipe I was given was so simple
but really you can adjust it just as easily
to suit your tastebuds!

1 lb. shrimp (peeled/deveined)
juice of 6 limes 
(or more depending on size of shrimp)
chopped fresh cilantro to taste
2 large tomatoes diced
diced onion to taste
kosher salt to taste


Although they place their fresh uncooked shrimp
in a bowl with lime juice overnight
I read online that unless you are fortunate enough
to use fresh seafood it would be best pre-cooked

Since we live in Indiana...you guessed it, pre-cooked it is!

I found a bag of frozen shrimpies already peeled and deveined!

I let the shrimp thaw; added the lime juice and let it sit overnight

The next day, I added the chopped cilantro, tomatoes,
onion and a pinch of kosher salt

I could barely wait to taste it
the colors, the aroma of the lime and cilantro
my mouth was watering!


I was thinking, wow! 
This would be great in a tortilla shell,
or atop a salad

I simply couldn't wait!
I took out a spoon and ate it right out of the bowl

Yep, I'm just that kind of girl, I guess!

So many modifications can be made
to this dish...

for my husband (a.k.a. the "taste tester") 
I added just a bit of fresh
jalapeno pepper

ooh so easy and sooo worth a taste!

happy eating!


share this on::

Facebook

Twitter

Pinterest

Digg

1 Comment »

This entry was posted on Saturday, February 18, 2012 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

One Response to “What's for dinner...”

  1. Stopping by from the Grow your blog {blog Hop}! http://queenofsavings.com

    ReplyDelete

Oh so happy you stopped by today. I love reading what you have to say : )